This weeks responsible tourism interview is with a company and man who matches our philosophies on life and travel completely. Adventure Alternative is a responsible travel company started in 1991 by mountaineer and adventurer Gavin Bate. They create wonderful adventure travel trips from trekking in Borneo to Yoga retreats in the Himalayas. They take responsible travel very seriously, so much so that they have won Responsible Tourism awards not once but twice!
1. Congratulations on winning a World Responsible Tourism Award. What was your reaction when you won?
2. What inspired you to start your business?
3. Why did you choose to go down the responsible travel route?
4. What is your one tip for someone who wants to travel more responsibly?
5. What has been your most rewarding outcome from choosing to practice responsible travel?
Do you know of a responsible tourism business or charity that deserves be highlighted on our 5 minute series? Let us know by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
P.S. Most responsible travellers who read our blog sign up for regular updates. You can join them by filling in the orange box below.
All photos by Adventure Alternative